Shri Ghanshyam Das or popularly known as “GD” Birla (April 10, 1894 – June 11, 1983) was an Indian businessman and member of the influential Birla family. Ghanshyam Das Birla, Dean and Chief Architect of Indian Industrial Growth. It was he who laid the foundations for the Birla Empire and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI). He is also popularly known as the builder of Birla Mandirs [temples].
GD Birla’s horoscope [D.B: 15.4.1894, place: Pilani, time: 3.35 a.m.]
1st house: Venus
2nd house: Mercury [debilitated] and Rahu
3rd house: Sun [exalted]
4th house: Jupiter [in quadrant]
6th house: Moon [own sign]
8th house: here
9th house: Saturn [exalted]
House 12: March [exalted]
Astro analysis of different aspects of GD Birla’s life
· The Ascendant is Aquarius, the lord of the Ascendant is Saturn who is retrograde and exalted in the 9th house.
· A very strong Raja-yoga is formed, by the exchange of houses by the lords of 1st and 9th houses. Native was born with the silver spoon in her mouth.
Generally, Aquarians are spiritual in nature and very intuitive. They are pure in heart and always willing to help others. Have a magnetic personality, which makes them endearing to anyone they come in contact with.
· The Ascendant is in the constellation Rahu and the placement of Venus in it indicates foreign connections and frequent trips abroad.
Long life expectancy
GDBirla lived a long life of 90 years
Saturn [significator of longevity] as the lord of the ascendant is placed in the 9th house doing powerful raja yoga.
The Lord of the 8th and Jupiter aspect the 8th house [house of longevity]
Exalted sun in the 3rd house [house of longevity] and the lord of the 3rd of March is also exalted
Saturn is very powerful
Mighty Dosha Mangalik
· Mars is positioned 12th from the Ascendant and Venus 7th from the Moon, making a powerful Mangalik dosha in the horoscope.
· Because of this dosha, his two wives died before he was 32 years old. Then around the age of 90, he lived a lonely life.
Multiple marriages and deaths of wives
· If the 2nd house and its Ascendant / Moon lord are very powerful but severely influenced by Mars then the native woman will die prematurely.
If the ascendant and 7th lords are in conjunction or aspect with each other, the native will have more than one wife
In GD Birla’s horoscope, the Sun as the lord of the 2nd house of the Moon, is in exaltation, but the 2nd house / lord of the Moon is gravely afflicted by Mars. Other ascendant and 7th aspect lords of each other, indicate multiple marriages
To experience enormous wealth and prosperity
In the Aquarius ascendant, Jupiter is the main planet of wealth and prosperity being the lord of the 2nd [wealth] and 11th [income]
Laxmi yoga [powerful wealth yoga]
The Moon and Mars are related by aspect or conjunction
In the horoscope, the Moon on the 6th and Mars on the 12th aspect of each other, doing a powerful yoga of wealth
Sasa yoga is formed if Saturn occupies one quadrant of the ascendant / moon and being in his own / sign of exaltation
· A person born in this yoga will be the head of a village or town or even a king. If Saturn is in 4th place, then the native will be at the head of a very prosperous business empire.
· In GD Birla’s horoscope, exalted Saturn occupies the 4th house of the Moon.
· Mars should occupy the Ascendant / Moon quadrant in its own sign / exalted.
The person born with Ruchaka yoga will be famous, king or equal to the king, charitable, wealthy, living a long time and in accordance with traditions and customs
· In GD Birla’s horoscope, the exalted Mars is placed at the 7th rank of the Moon. In his youth he was very interested in wrestling. He donated a lot of money for social causes
· The sign lord in which the ascendant lord is posed must join a quadrant / trine / or own / exaltation sign.
· Because of his yoga, the native will remain happy in the middle and in the last parts of life, receiving homage from kings and rulers; he will be famous and generous.
In Birla’s horoscope, the ascendant lord Saturn is placed in the sign Libra, of which the lord Venus is placed in the ascendant [quadrant].
Wealth acquired through the lottery and stock market
Lords of the 2nd [wealth] and 8th [shares market, lottery, etc] exchange houses
The native will get a lot of money through the stock market and the lottery
· In Birla’s horoscope, the lord of the 2nd and 8th exchanges the houses of the other.
Neech bhang Raj yoga
The lord of the sign being occupied by a weakened planet, is placed in the ascendant / Moon quadrant
The status of the native will be equivalent to that of a sovereign or a king
In this horoscope, Mercury is in a weakened sign [Pisces] but the lord of the sign, Jupiter is placed in the ascendant quadrant.
GEETA JAI [SPIRITUAL HEALER]