Atlantis is the largest resort in the Caribbean. The entire setting of Atlantis is inspired by the legendary Lost City and makes you feel like you are in a long forgotten city. But Atlantis is anything but long forgotten, it is the largest seaside resort and also the most frequented with nearly millions of people registering each year. With six hotels of different stature, the Atlantis can be a confusing mess to think about at first. Atlantis is located on Paradise Island (the island just north of Nassau) and probably occupies 70 to 80 percent of the island. If you’ve ever thought about staying there, this guide is for you. It will give you a description of each of the hotels, all the attractions and the pros and cons of staying at this fantastic resort.
With six different places to stay, the Atlantis will have something you love. From premium luxury hotel rooms that cost nearly $ 25,000 per night to your average rooms that range from $ 150 to $ 400, you’re sure to find the perfect hotel for you.
- The handle – The cove is the luxury tower that sits next to the reef. It is the most expensive tower to stay in due to its luxury features. The water park, spa, and pretty much everything else are just a short walk from this tower. It has its own private swimming pool for adults only, complete with an outdoor play pavilion. Rooms range from deluxe and regular ocean suites, to azure and sapphire suites, to presidential suites and the penthouse suite.
- The reef – The Reef offers luxury and residential-style studios and suites that make vacationers feel right at home. It is located next to The Cove and a short walk from all the attractions. This luxury suite is perfect for families and includes studios, suites and penthouses.
- The royal towers – Located in the center of the island, these iconic towers have made the Atlantis complex famous. It is centrally located to all attractions. They are more expensive than other tours depending on the room you book. It includes the bedrooms, royal suites, grand costumes, presidential costumes, royal suites and the bridge suite.
- The coral towers – The Coral Towers are located to the right of the Royal Towers and are a bit of a walk to the pools and water parks. They are cheaper than the Royal Towers and fall in the middle of the road in terms of price. They include rooms, royal suites, governors’ suites and presidential suites.
- Seaside resort – For those who want to live in a house-style condo, there are the port side villas. It’s located across the harbor, so you’ll need to take a shuttle to enjoy the many things Atlantis has to offer. It includes one, two and three bedroom villas. Each villa has its own kitchen, making you feel at home.
- The beach tower – This tower is the cheapest of all the other resorts. It is located on the far right of the whole complex. It is located next to the Atlantis Theater. It includes a shuttle to all other towers and areas and only includes the rooms.
WHAT ATLANTIS HAS TO OFFER
Just talking about the size of Atlantis and the ridiculous amount of hotel options they offer makes you wonder if the resort itself is that big, what kind of accommodation does it offer? The Atlantis is known for its specialized accommodation that satisfies the tastes of young and old alike. The to-do list is long and no matter how many times you’ve been there, you probably haven’t seen it all yet.
General activities – Visit the beach. The resort town of Atlantis has several beaches known around the world to be some of the best. In addition, the water park offered by Atlantis includes a mile-long tube adventure, nine water slides and eleven swimming pools. These alone are unmatched by any other resort in the world.
For children / family activities – There are literally hundreds of kid-friendly activities your family is sure to love, starting with Dolphin Cay. Dolphin Cay is where you and your kids can actually swim and interact with hundreds of different animals. You can swim with dolphins, sea lions, stingrays and more. If you like to snorkel, you can swim with fish in the tanks of their huge aquarium. Their aquarium is available to all customers and is home to hundreds of thousands of exotic fish.
For adults – Atlantis isn’t just for kids. There are daily activities that will make your time at Atlantis fun. A very popular adult activity is to visit Cain at the Cove. It is an unlimited access swimming pool for adults, with a bar and a games center. It also has private cabanas and is a great way to spend your days in the water. Another popular thing to do is attend the Aura nightclub. The club is usually EXTREMELY crowded, but if you don’t mind it it could be a fun experience for you. Atlantis always pays for famous comedians and singers to perform in their theaters. You can watch a movie, see a famous actor or singer perform in their huge theater. Finally, going to a bar or a restaurant is always a good idea. Atlantis has over 40 restaurants and bars that range from very high end to low end and inexpensive. Don’t forget to visit some of the more popular bars such as Bimini Road, The Mesa Grill and Nobu. If you like to get out and be active, Atlantis has a great swimming pool, tennis courts and offers a world class golf course open to all guests. They also have a huge fitness center and spa. You can also go shopping in their refined luxury boutiques.
THE PROS AND CONS
- You will never have to leave the resort to experience the Bahamas. Everything for you is right in the resort. Snorkeling, beaches, swimming, clubs, golf, whatever you want. You will never have to leave to experience it.
- The pools, water parks and beaches are world class and some of the best you can experience.
- They do a good job of having both things to do for the kids and things to do for the adults, so both are happy.
- The views are impeccable. You can see the whole island paradise from your room in a breathtaking view that will never make you want to leave.
- The staff are very friendly. Each of the staff will treat you with respect and help you with any issues.
- There are endless things to do. People say they experience a new thing every time they are there. The things to do are endless.
- You can often feel like a number. Due to the size of the Atlantis, they do a very poor job of making you feel like the experience is about you and you can often feel like one of the many ants.
- Especially if you go in winter the Atlantis is VERY crowded. Even out of season, you will have to contend with the thousands of other vacationers who are staying at the same time as you.
- The Atlantis is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. You can expect to pay over $ 6 for a bottle of water and it’s not even half. Drinks can cost up to $ 14 and the room itself can be very expensive. While most activities are free, you’ll have to pay for things like Dolphin Cay and entertainment. If you are trying to save money on your vacation, it is not even recommended to think about going to the Atlantis Resort.
- The management is terrible at solving problems. Due to the size of the complex, it is difficult for management to resolve an issue in a timely manner. Just another reason you’ll feel like a number.
- Restaurants are overcrowded, overpriced, and generally overpriced. While they advertise they have over 40 restaurants, they forget to tell you that you will have to wait at least half an hour or more to get into one and worse, everything is overpriced just like the rest of the resort.
THE LOWER LINE
If you are planning a trip focused on your wallet and how much you can spend, do NOT go to Atlantis. While this is a fun experience, you will constantly be paying through the nose. If money isn’t an issue, you’ll have an amazing time with the accommodations and things to do.